Welcome to the Department of Evolutionary Studies of Biosystems at SOKENDAI. We perform research and education in the fields of Evolutionary Studies & Science and Society. Click "About" for details of our department, and "Research" for our research topics.
- The web site is renewed!!
- Onishi Y. (2017)
Defending the selective confirmation strategy.
Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A (in press).
- Saito S, Hamanaka G, Kawai N, Furukawa R, Gojobori J, Tomonaga M, Kaneko H, Satta Y. (2017)
Characterization of TRPA channels in the starfish Patiria pectinifera: involvement of thermally activated TRPA1 in thermotaxis in marine planktonic larvae.
Scientific Reports 7, 2173.
- Akiyama T, Katsumura T, Nakagome S, Lee S-il, Joh K, Soejima H, Fujimoto K, Kimura R, Ishida H, Hanihara T, Yasukouchi A, Satta Y, Higuchi S, Oota H. (2017)
An ancestral haplotype of the human PERIOD2 gene associates with reduced sensitivity to light-induced melatonin suppression.
PLoS One 12, e0178373.
- Dharmayanthi AB, Terai Y, Sulandari S, Zein SA, Akiyama T, Satta Y. (2017)
The origin and evolution of fibromelanosis in domestic chickens: Genomic comparison of Indonesian Cemani and Chinese Silikie breeds.
PLoS One 12, e0173147.
- Arikawa K. (2017)
The eyes and vision of butterflies.
Journal of Physiology DOI: 10.1113/JP273917.
- Frolov R, Matsushita A, Arikawa K. (2017)
Not flying blind: A comparative study of photoreceptor function in flying and non-flying cockroaches.
Journal of Experimental Biology doi: 10.1242/jeb.159103.
- Suzuki TN, Kutsukake N. (2017)
Foraging intention affects whether willow tits call to attract members of mixed-species flocks.
Royal Society Open Science 4, 170222.
- Ohtsuki H, Wakano JY, Kobayashi Y. (2017)
Inclusive fitness analysis of cumulative cultural evolution in an island-structured population.
Theoretical Population Biology 115, 13-23.
- Yuka Shirokawa "Evolutionary ecology on cellular heterogeneity: cell competition, cooperation and evolution".