Welcome to the Department of Evolutionary Studies of Biosystems at SOKENDAI. We perform research and education in the fields of Evolutionary Studies & Science and Society. Click "About" for details of our department, and "Research" for our research topics.
- The web site is renewed!!
- Ito M, Ohtsuki H, Sasaki A (2018)
Emergence of opinion leaders in reference networks.
PLoS One (in press).
- Saeki K, Sasaki A (2018)
The role of spatial heterogeneity in the evolution of local and global infections of viruses.
PLoS Computational Biology (in press).
- Iida K, Proctor RN (2018)
'The industry must be inconspicuous’: Japan Tobacco’s corruption of science and health policy via the Smoking Research Foundation.
Tobacco Control (in press).
- Akita T, Takuno S, Innan H (2018)
Coalescent framework for prokaryotes undergoing interspecific homologous recombination.
Heredity (in press).
- Shioda N, Yabuki Y, Yamaguchi K, Onozato M, Yue Li, Kurosawa K, Tanabe H, Okamoto N, Era T, Sugiyama H, Wada T, Fukunaga K (2018)
Targeting G-quadruplex DNA as cognitive function therapy for ATR-X syndrome.
Nature Medicine (in press).
- Nakahashi W, Ohtsuki H (2018)
Evolution of emotional contagion in group-living animals.
Journal of Theoretical Biology 440, 12-20.
- Katsura Y, Kondo HX, Ryan J, Harely V, Satta Y (2018)
The evolutionary process of mammalian sex determination genes focusing on marsupial SRYs.
BMC Evolutionary Biology 18, 3-13.
- Lau Q, Igawa T, Minei R , Kosch TA, Satta Y (2017)
Transcriptome analyses of immune tissues from three Japanese frogs (genus Rana) reveals their utility in characterizing major histocompatibility complex class II.
BMC Genomics 18, 994-1007.
- Chen P-J , Stewart FJ , Arikawa K (2017)
The more, the better? A butterfly with 15 kinds of light sensors in its eye.
Frontiers for Young Minds 5, article 70.
- Arikawa K , Iwanaga T, Wakakuwa M , Kinoshita M (2017)
Unique temporal expression of triplicated long wavelength opsins in developing butterfly eyes.
Frontiers in Neural Circuits 11, article 96.